Puree of Zucchini Soup
Servings: About 6 cups
No artificial flavors or colorings here! Only the creamy, clean, mild flavor of fresh summer zucchinis, loaded with nutrients. Soups are the perfect way to get a quick serving of veggies…make a big batch and just reheat for lunch or whenever!
2-3 Tbsp butter
3 onions, sliced thickly
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
6 large zucchinis, peeled, seeded and sliced
2 cups homemade chicken or beef stock
small handful fresh parsley, stems removed (no need to chop)
small handful fresh thyme, stems removed (no need to chop)
1-2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
6-quart pot with lid
Stick blender or traditional blender
- Heat butter in pot over medium heat, and saute onions for 5-7 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute another minute or so.
- Add zucchini and saute another 5-7 minutes.
- Add stock, parsley and thyme.
- Bring to boil, and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Use stick blender to puree soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
Cooking for Health with Real, Whole Food
Stephanie Colo Manning
www.colokitchen.com · email@example.com · 703-539-COLO